Yummy Cheesy Bbq Chicken Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound fresh frozen or refrigerated pizza dough thawed
- 1/2 cup sweet BBQ sauce plus extra for serving
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken (rotisserie poached etc)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 3 slices bacon cooked crisp drained and finely chopped (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil for greasing the pan plus more for oiling the bowl
- If frozen follow instructions for thawing your pizza dough. If using refrigerated dough place in a well oiled bowl cover and allow to come to room temperature 1 to 2 hours.
- Lightly oil a large 9 or 10-inch round skillet or baking pan. Cast iron skillets work well for pizza. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll out the room temperature pizza dough to an 18×10-inch rectangle. If the dough springs back and won’t hold it’s shape let it rest an additional 5 minutes then roll again. Spread the BBQ sauce over the surface of the dough leaving a 1/2-inch border all around the edges.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese evenly across the surface of the dough then top with the chicken onion red pepper flakes and bacon if using.
- Starting on the long side roll the dough away from you into a tight cylinder tucking and pulling just a bit as you go. Pinch the seams together to seal. Cut into 8 equal slices and place cut side down in the prepared pan. When cutting try using dental floss instead of a knife. It works amazingly well!
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 400 degree F oven. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top and continue baking for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately with additional BBQ sauce for dipping.
This article and recipe adapted from this site