Whole Wheat Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar can reduce to 1/3 – 1/2 cup for a less sweet version
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or more whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup flour plain or whole wheat
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5×9 inch loaf pan
- Baking Parchment
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Prep: Heat the oven to 360°F. Grease and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Make batter: Whisk together all wet ingredients in a large bowl. Sprinkle flour cornstarch (OR extra flour) cinnamon baking powder and salt on top. Gently fold in do not overmix!
- Make topping: For the crumb topping place the flour brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until crumbs form.
- Assemble bread: Place the batter in the prepared loaf tin and evenly sprinkle with the crumb topping.
- Bake the banana bread: Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely (rmemeber to peel off the parchment paper too!)
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE