Very Easy Chicken Breast With Basil Wine Sauce
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 30 gram unsalted butter
- 2 green onions (shallots) chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light cream
- 1/2 cup shredded basil
- steamed baby potatoes zucchini to serve
- Cover each chicken breast with plastic wrap and lightly flatten with a rolling pin. Season well with freshly ground pepper.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium. Cook chicken breasts for 3 minutes each side until golden and almost cooked through. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low and add onion. Cook for 5 minutes stirring until soft. Increase heat to medium and add wine. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream. Cook for another 3 minutes until reduced slightly. Add basil and season.
- Return chicken to pan for 1 minute until heated through.
- Serve with potatoes and zucchini.
This article and recipes adapted fromt this site