Ultimate Brownie Muffins
- 4 oz/113 g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (1 stick/113 g) unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon (55 g/2 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (35 g/1.2 oz) unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch-processed)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup (150 g/5.3 oz) granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line 12 muffin cups with liners. Set aside.
- To make the brownies: In a medium heatproof bowl place chocolate and butter. Heat mixture in the microwave in 20-second intervals stirring between each interval until melted. Alternatively you can set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a small bowl sift flour cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment whisk eggs and sugar on high speed until thick and pale about 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low and slowly add in chocolate mixture. Stop the mixer. Add flour mixture and fold using a rubber spatula just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter between liners filling them about ¾ full. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs and not dry. Be careful not to overbake as this will make the brownies dry. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Allow muffins to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Allow to reach room temperature before serving.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here