The Most Amazing Chicken Parmesan
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 pound
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- basil for serving if desired
- Cut chicken in half horizontally. Pound each piece until 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Add egg to a shallow bowl and whisk set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs dip the chicken into the flour egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Add oil to a large skillet.
- Add chicken two at a time to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden grown and cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken in a pan or sheet tray and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil on high until melted and bubbly. Top with tomato sauce and a sprinkle of basil for serving if desired. Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site