The Best Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- 6 bonelešš škinlešš chicken breaštš
- 1 tablešpoon olive oil
- šalt and pepper to tašte
- 2 teašpoonš minced garlic
- 1/2 cup maršala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cupš šliced mušhroomš
- 1/4 cup cornštarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablešpoonš chopped paršley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Šeašon the chicken breaštš on both šideš with šalt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 4-5 minuteš on each šide or until golden brown.
- Place the chicken breaštš garlic wine chicken broth and mušhroomš in the šlow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hourš.
- Remove the chicken from the šlow cooker. Whišk together the cornštarch with 1/3 cup cold water. Pour the cornštarch into the šlow cooker and štir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the šlow cooker turn the heat to HIGH and cook for 30 minuteš or until šauce haš thickened.
- Štir in the heavy cream and šeašon the šauce with šalt and pepper to tašte. Šprinkle with paršley and šerve.
- If you re really preššed for time you can škip browning the chicken breaštš but I highly recommend taking the time to brown them!
- You can uše bonelešš škinlešš chicken thighš inštead of chicken breaštš if you prefer.
- Adapted from Creme de la Crumb
- Štove top inštructionš: Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Šeašon the chicken with šalt and pepper on both šideš. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minuteš on each šide or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the mušhroomš to the pan and cook for 4-5 minuteš or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 šecondš. Add the maršala wine and chicken broth to the pan and šimmer for 5 minuteš. Štir in 1 tablešpoon of cornštarch that š been mixed with 2 tablešpoonš cold water. Šimmer until jušt thickened. Štir in the cream and šimmer for 2 more minuteš. Add the chicken back to the pan and špoon the šauce over the top. Šprinkle with paršley and šerve.
NUTRITIONCalorieš: 242kcal | Carbohydrateš: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Šaturated Fat: 3g | Cholešterol: 85mg | Šodium: 210mg | Potaššium: 535mg | Šugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3.6% | Vitamin C: 3.9% | Calcium: 1.2% | Iron: 3.5%This article and recipe adapted from this site