The Best Pecan Pie
- 1 whole Unbaked Pie Crust (I Use sylvia s Perfect Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Corn Syrup
- 3/4 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Melted Butter (salted)
- 3 whole Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup (heaping) Chopped Pecans
- First whip up your pie crust using Sylvia s Perfect Pie Crust found on Tasty Kitchen.
- Next mix sugar brown sugar salt corn syrup butter eggs and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Pour chopped pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- Pour syrup mixture over the top. Cover top and crust lightly/gently with foil. Bake pie at 350º for 30 minutes. Remove foil then continue baking for 20 minutes being careful not to burn the crust or pecans.
- NOTE: PIE SHOULD NOT BE OVERLY JIGGLY WHEN YOU REMOVE IT FROM THE OVEN. If it shakes a lot cover with foil and bake for an additional 20 minute or until set. Required baking time seems to vary widely with this recipe. Sometimes it takes 50 minutes; sometimes it takes 75!
- Allow to cool for several hours or overnight. Serve in thin slivers.
This article and recipe adapted from this site