The Best Mediterranean Salmon Bowl
- 8oz/ 250g salmon filet
- 1 tsp basil dry
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 2/3 cup purple cabbage chopped
- handful basil leaves
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 10 olives pitted
- 2 tbsp hummus or low-carb hummus
- Rub the salmon with the dried basil crushed red pepper flakes and 1 clove garlic. Let it sit like that for a few minutes while you’re making the broccoli and the salad.
- For the salad chop the cabbage and massage it in a bowl with the lemon juice. Then add the lettuce basil olive oil feta cheese and 1 clove of minced garlic. Mix everything well together and add salt and pepper if needed. I didn’t need to do it because the feta was very salty. You can also make the hummus if you haven’t made or bought any.
- For the broccoli I chopped the florets and stirred them for 2 minutes in a non-stick pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Then I turned off the heat and covered with a lid for a few minutes.
- After that I took out the broccoli and added the salmon to the same pan because I don’t want to wash 3 pans for one meal. I cooked it at medium/medium high and covered with a lid flipping half-way through. Now you can use whole salmon filets I had cut mine into a few chunks as you can see in the pictures. After 6-7 minutes the salmon is ready and you can start arranging the bowl.
- At the bottom we put the salad then add the olives hummus broccoli and in the middle the salmon. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Meal Prep Option: this salmon bowl recipe makes around 2-3 servings. You can meal prep it by adding the olive oil and garlic to the salad right when you’re going to have it. I like to keep things in separate containers in the fridge and for no longer than 3 days. Low Carb Option: You can easily make this recipe low-carb or keto by using low-carb hummus instead of regular hummus. Salad Options: Instead of the cabbage salad you can also make this tomato cucumber salad or this tomato arugula and avocado salad.
This article and recipe adapted from this site