The Best Luscious Lemon Cheesecake
IngredientsGraham Cracker Crust
- 2 2/3 cups graham crackers crushed into crumbs
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- 24 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 3 eggs cage free
- 2 Tbs grated lemon peel
- 3 Tbs lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs cage free
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbs grated lemon peel
- 6 Tbs butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a large baggie add graham crackers a few at a time and roll with a rolling pin to get fine crumbs. Continue this step until you have 2 2/3 cups.
- Add to medium mixing bowl along with the sugar. Stir until combined.
- Whisk in melted butter until graham crackers crumbs are well coated.
- Press graham cracker crumbs into either a 9 inch springform pan or a 9 inch deep dip pie plate.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat on medium speed cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in eggs on low speed.
- Stir in lemon juice grated lemon peel and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Add lemon cheesecake mixture to graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Put cheesecake in the fridge for approximately 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small pan whisk together eggs sugar lemon peel and juice until combined well.
- Add butter to pan and continue stirring constantly. Mixture will thicken and will be done when then lemon glaze mixture sticks to the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from pan put into a small bowl and let glaze cool for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate covered until cold.
- Once cheesecake has chilled remove from springform pan if using and add lemony glaze. If using a deep dish pie plate top cheesecake with lemon glaze and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.
This article and recipe adapted from this site