The Best Italian Peach Crumb Cake
- 2 1/2 cups flour (325 grams)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoon butter (very cold) 100 grams
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups sliced peaches (peeled sliced then halved peaches (can substitute canned peaches drain well) (650 grams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Grease and flour an 8 cake pan (20 centimeter). A spring form pan is my recommendation.
- In a medium bowl mix together peaches and sugar set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour sugar baking powder and salt add butter using a pastry blender or fork combine to form a crumbly mixture add the egg and continue to mix only until still crumbly.
- Add approximately 2/3 of the crumbly mixture to the cake pan spoon peach mixture on top and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
- An easier way to cut in butter is to first place the butter in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes then grate it directly into the bowl stir with a fork and there you have a crumbed mixture.
NutritionCalories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2.1mgThis article and recipe adapted from this site