The Best Fluffernutter Cookies Dessert
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (well-stirred if using natural)
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup marshmallow fluff (depending on how much you add to each cookie)
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine butter peanut butter and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add dry mixture and beat again to combine until you have a thick dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes preferably up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare two baking sheets with nonstick silicon mats (aff link) or parchment paper and set aside.
- Grab a medium cookie scoop (aff link) and fill it halfway with dough pressing it into the bottom and up the sides. Spoon a teaspoon of marshmallow fluff into the center and then top with more dough to fill the scoop. Place each ball of dough on prepared baking sheets with no more than 6 on each evenly spaced out with plenty of room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the cookies have spread and started to crinkle on top. Remove from the oven and let cookies cool for at least 15 minutes on the baking sheet itself – they will continue to spread and set a bit more as they cool. Carefully move to wire racks (aff link) to cool completely. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site