The Best Easy Fudge Ever
- 1 stick of salted butter (1/2 cup)
- 5 oz. can of evaporated milk (or 10 tablespoons if you only have a big can)
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 oz. jar of marshmallow creme or 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper and grease it lightly.
- Place the chocolate chips and vanilla in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the butter milk syrup and sugar in a medium pot (it should come about half way up the sides of the pan). Cook on medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly until it reaches 234ºF (known as the soft ball stage ) on a candy thermometer
- (or you can test if it s done by putting a spoonful of the boiling mixture into a cup of ice water. If you form it into a soft ball it s ready).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the marshmallows or marshmallow creme until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate chips and stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the nuts if using.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and cool completely before cutting.
This article and recipe adapted from this site