The Best Crispy Garlic Butter Chicken And Brussels Sprouts
- 8 chicken thighs – skin on or off your choice!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- Add the chicken to a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat skin side up. (If using skinless thighs add a teaspoon of oil.) Sprinkle half the salt and pepper over the chicken and let it cook for 5 minutes or until it has browned on the bottom. Flip the chicken over and sprinkle on the remaining salt and pepper. Cook until the skin is crispy or the top is brown about 6-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking cut the brussels in half. Add the brussels sprouts to the pan and let them cook until they are brown on one side about 5 minutes. Push them to the side of the pan and arrange the chicken on the other side of the pan. Pour the chicken stock into the pan (not over the crispy chicken) and let it simmer until the pan is dry and the chicken is fully cooked about 15 minutes.
- Pile the brussels sprouts on one side of the pan and add the butter and garlic. Let the garlic cook for 2 minutes then spoon some garlic butter over the tops of the chicken. Mix the rest of the garlic butter into the brussels sprouts.
- Serve with lots of extra black pepper.
This article and recipe adapted from this site