The Best Cream Cheese Mints
- 8 oz package of Challenge cream cheese full fat softened
- 1/4 cup Challenge butter softened
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 – 2 tsp mint extract
- gel food coloring
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for rolling mints
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the mint extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the remaining powdered sugar until smooth and consistent. You can do this with a stand mixer food processor or by hand.
- Separate the mixture into four separate bowls or however many different colors you want.
- Add a small amount of food color to each bowl and stir in until the color is uniform.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to handle. You don t want it sticking to your hands.
- Line 2 quarter sheet pans with parchment paper and liberally dust with powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Pinch off small amounts of the dough and form into a 1-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in powdered sugar and place on prepared sheet pans.
- Gently press the tines of a fork into the top of each ball. (You can also use the bottom of a shot glass if you don t want the lines. Just dip the bottom of the glass into powdered sugar to keep it from sticking.)
- Let stand uncovered for at least 4 hours or until the mints are firm. If the bottoms have any moisture flip over and let stand again until the bottoms of the mints are also firm.
- Store in an airtight container separating layers with parchment or waxed paper for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
- Mints can be refrigerated or frozen if desired.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here