The Best Chipotle Lime Chicken
- 2 – 2.5 lbs skin on chicken thighs deboned
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder or more to taste
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- Leave the skin on the chicken thighs but remove the bones by cutting two slits along the sides of the bone. Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a big bowl whisk all the Marinade ingredients until well combined. Save some of the Marinade for basting. Add chicken to the Marinade make sure to stir and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Fire up the grill brush a little bit of the Marinade plus the garlic cilantro and jalapeno on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides. Serve immediately with some fresh lime wedges.
Recipe NotesYou may cook the chicken in an oven at 400F for about 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown and charred. You may also cook the chicken on stovetop using a regular skillet or cast-iron grilled pan.This article and recipe adapted from this site