The Best Chicken Soup You’ll Ever Eat
The BEST chicken soup you ll ever eat is the best homemade nourishing healthy soup when you re feeling under the weather. Packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients like ginger turmeric garlic. BEST SOUP EVER!Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 large carrots thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric (or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme stems removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pearl or Israeli couscous
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- Place a large dutch oven or pot over medium high heat and add in oil. Once oil is hot add in garlic onion carrots and celery; cook for a few minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Next add in grated ginger and grated turmeric. Saute for 30 seconds to let the spices cook a bit then add in chicken broth chicken breast rosemary thyme salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil then stir in couscous. You’ll want the chicken to be covered by the broth so make sure you stir them down to the bottom.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once chicken is cooked remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board to shred with two forks.
- Add chicken back to pot then stir in frozen peas. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- To make vegetarian or vegan: Use vegetarian broth and sub 1 can of chickpeas for chicken.
- To make the soup gluten free: You could use a gluten free couscous if you can find it or try quinoa! The cook time will remain the same.
NutritionServings: 6 servingsServing size: 1 servingCalories: 269kcalFat: 5.3gCarbohydrates: 30.4gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 3.5gProtein: 23.8gThis article and recipe adapted from this site