The Best Chewy Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups (~282 grams) good all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum*
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 3/4 cups (12 Tbsp.) unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together gluten-free flour xanthan (unless flour blend already has xanthan or guar gum) baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer place the cream cheese then pour melted butter over it. Add brown sugar and sugar and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. (I use the paddle attachment on my mixer.)
- Add vanilla extract and egg yolks (one at a time) mixing on low-medium speed until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture that you set aside earlier beating on low until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix on low or by hand just until mixed thoroughly.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours and up to 4 days.
- When you are ready to bake remove from refrigerator and let sit for about 15 minutes to soften enough for easier scooping.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line cookie sheets with sheets of parchment paper or silicone liners. Do not spray!
- Use a#20 cookie scoop to scoop even mounds of cookie dough spaced several inches apart. I can get 12 per cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes at 375°. Remove when edges are set and just browning. The centers will look undercooked but will continue cooking as they cool. To ensure you don t over bake I suggest you bake a few test cookies so you can determine the right baking time for your oven. If you like gooey centers cook less if you like crunchier cookies cook longer.
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for just 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here