The Best Boston Cream Poke Cake
- 16.25 ounce yellow cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 6.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix 2 (3.4oz) boxes
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 1/3 cups
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Prepare and bake the cake in a 13×9 pan according to the package instructions. Let cool completely before poking holes across the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Be sure to poke all the way to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together pudding milk and vanilla but don t let it thicken Pour the thin pudding over cake in an even layer poking down into the holes if necessary.
- Refrigerate the cake for one hour.
- Chocolate Glaze
- Place the chocolate chips and corn syrup in a heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat warm the cream until it simmers stirring occasionally. Alternatively you can microwave the cream until hot.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes to melt.
- Stir until smooth. Let the glaze cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cake and smooth with a spatula. Chill cake for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
NotesTime does not include time needed for chilling.NutritionServing: 1slices | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 77mg | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 4.9% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 10.7% | Iron: 2.9%This article and recipe adapted from this site