The Best Blueberry Peach Tart With Vanilla Glaze
- 1 sheet of puffed pastry thawed for 20 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large peaches peeled pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- For the Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk OR heavy cream more if needed to achieve desired consistency
- Remove 1 sheet of puffed pastry from the freeze; thaw for 15-20 minutes at room temperature or until it can easily be unfolded without cracking.
- Preheat oven to 400°(F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and water; beat until well combined; set aside.
- Thinly slice peaches and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the sugar salt cinnamon and cornstarch; toss well ensuring all peaches and are coated in the cinnamon sugar mix; set aside.
- Gently unfold the puffed pastry. If it does crack gently press the tears back together and mend with slightly wet fingers.
- Place puffed pastry on prepared baking sheet.
- Layer the peaches evenly (and very tightly) on the puffed pastry making 3 tidy rows leaving a 1 border around the pastry. Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Lightly brush exposed pastry crust with egg wash.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes rotating once during baking or until the crust is puffed up and golden brown and the peaches are tender.
- While the tart bakes make the vanilla glaze!
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners sugar vanilla and cream; whisk until smooth adding more cream as needed to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the tart right before serving.
- Serve warm with vanilla glaze and maybe even a scoop of ice cream!?
- Be sure to leave a one inch boarder around the tart this helps ensure the edges don t get soggy.
This article and recipe adapted from this site