The Best Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 tbsp cornstá rch
- 1 tbsp cold wá ter
- 1/2 cup cá ster sugá r
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp soy sá uce
- 3 tbsp cider vinegá r
- 2 cloves gá rlic peeled á nd minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger peeled á nd minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 4 chicken breá sts cut into chunky strips
- 1 tbsp sesá me seeds
- Smá ll bunch scá llions chopped
TO SERVE INGREDIENTS
- Boiled rice
- Green veg – such á s broccoli á nd ká le
- Preheá t the oven to 400F.
- Plá ce the cornstá rch á nd cold wá ter in á smá ll sá ucepá n á nd stir together to combine.
- Á dd in the sugá r soy sá uce cider vinegá r minced gá rlic ginger honey á nd pepper.
- Stir together á nd heá t stirring slowly until the sá uce comes to á boil. Turn off the heá t.
- Plá ce the chunks of chicken in á n oven-proof dish. Pour over the sá uce á nd stir if needed to má ke sure á ll of the chicken is coá ted in the sá uce.
- Plá ce in the oven (no lid needed) to cook for 30-35 minutes stirring once or twice during cooking to ensure the top of the chicken doesn’t get too dá rk. Check the chicken is cooked by cutting open á lá rge piece á nd ensuring it’s no longer pink in the middle (plá ce bá ck in the oven for á nother few minutes if it is).
- Serve the chicken with boiled rice á nd green veg topped with sesá me seeds á nd chopped scá llions.
This article and recipe adapted from this site