The Best Authentic Italian Braciole Recipe
- 2 pounds thinly sliced beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated provolone
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups Tomato Sauce (or your grandmas Italian Sunday Sauce!)
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the garlic powder cheeses breadcrumbs and dried basil. Set the mix aside
- Lay the steak on a clean surface and pound flat with a meat tenderizer. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Evenly distribute the breadcrumb filling among the steaks and roll beginning on the short end all the way up like a jelly roll. Tie the rolls closed with butchers twine to secure the braciole.
- Pour the olive oil into a large pot and heat over medium high heat. Sear the braciole rolls for about 30 second on each side just to brown the meat quickly.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pot and lower the heat to low. Cover and cook the braciole for an hour basting the rolls occasionally to ensure they do not dry out.
- Serve hot along with the sauce!
This article and recipe adapted from this site