Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic bell pepper and onion. Cook stirring occasionally until tender about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally until reduced about 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles fish sauce and brown sugar until noodles are tender about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in green onions cilantro basil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site