Tasty Rhubarb Raspberry Cookies
- 2/3 cup (160g) butter softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (100g) rhubarb diced
- 1 cup (100g) fresh raspberries (or frozen and thawed)
Instructions1. Wash peel and dice the rhubarb finely and set aside. Wash the raspberries and dry them.
2. Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix in well. Mix the flour with baking soda baking powder and salt and then add to the mixing bowl and mix until just combined. Add the diced rhubarb and the raspberries and gently fold in – the more you crush the raspberries the softer the dough gets so work gentle and quick. Place in the fridge for about 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and set aside. Use a cookie scoop or two tablespoons and place portions of dough with enough space in between on the baking sheet (between 6-8 max.) – the cookies spread a lot. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down a bit on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack and let cool down completely. Repeat with the remaining dough. The cookies can be stored in the fridge up to three days.This article and recipe adapted from this site