Sweet And Spicy Coca-cola Chicken Wings
IngredientsFor the wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings drummettes and flats separated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Coca-Cola
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/3 cup red pepper hot sauce (like cayenne or tabasco pepper sauce)
- 1 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions Prepare the wings:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Top 2 baking sheets with a metal rack. (You can use the same kind you use to cool cakes.) Line a third baking sheet with foil.
- Remove chicken wings from package and pat very dry with a paper towel. Toss in a bowl with olive oil and generously season with kosher salt and black pepper then arrange on the prepared baking sheets allowing at least 1 inch between each piece of chicken on all sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until crisp and golden brown. (You can turn the broiler on for the last 3-5 minutes to give them even more color if desired.)
Make the sauce
- Combine Coca-Cola brown sugar tomato paste and garlic in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Whisk in hot sauce paprika and salt. Let simmer 5 -10 minutes whisking occasionally until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt or hot sauce as desired.
- Once the chicken is ready remove from oven and use tongs to roll each piece in the sauce then place on the prepared foil-lined baking sheet. Lower oven to 350 and bake 7 minutes to set glaze. Serve immediately with additional sauce on the side for dipping.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here