Super Easy Paleo Baked Apples With Pecan Crumble
- 4 granny smith apples
FOR PECAN CRUMBLE:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 6X9 casserole dish with butter and set aside.
- Cut the apples in half remove the core with a melon baller or similar tool.
- Combine all topping ingredients except the pecans in a food processor and pulse until combined well.
- Add coarsely chopped pecans towards the end and pulse a few times to until evenly combined.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of pecan crumble onto the apple halves.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until apples are tender but not mushy.
- Remove apples top with scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
This article and recipe adapted from this site