Super Easy Nutter Butter Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar to roll the dough in
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
InstructionsTo make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Pour 1/2 cup of sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together flour baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Using a standing mixer or electric hand mixer cream together butter brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Gradually pour bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Divide dough into small balls about 1 inch in diameter each.
- Form each ball into a log shape then roll in sugar.
- Place logs on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using the tines of a fork make a criss-cross pattern in your dough logs then pinch the middle of the cookie to make a peanut shape.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned on the edges but still soft in center.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the peanut butter filling.
- Using a standing mixer beat butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Mix in peanut butter 1 cup powdered sugar milk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the remaining powdered sugar until smooth.
- Group your baked cookies into pairs then spoon 1 Tablespoon of filling on the bottom cookie for each pair.
- Place a second cookie onto the top of the filling to create a sandwich.
This article and recipe adapted from this site