Super Easy Greek Chicken Souvlaki Bowl
IngredientsRoasted Greek Veggies
- 1 cup sweet bell peppers red orange or green chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Tbs greek seasoning
- 2 tsps Olive oil
- 1 recipe Greek Chicken Marinade
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1/2 cup English cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or rice
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled
- 1 tsp fresh dill weed chopped fine
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 8 Pita bites or pieces of pita bread
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Chop veggies and toss in olive oil and Greek seasoning blend. Pour onto a baking sheet in a single even layer.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until veggies are soft and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Use a meat mallet to pound chicken to even thickness then place in a zip top bag and cover with Greek Chicken Marinade.
- Marinade chicken for up to 12 hours but at least 2-3 hours.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat (to about 425 – 450).
- Brush grill grates lightly with olive oil.
- Place chicken on grill close lid and grill about 4 minutes per side or until chicken reaches 160 – 165 degrees in thickest part of the chicken using an instant read thermometer.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes then slice for bowls.
- Dice cucumbers tomatoes and red onion and mix in a bowl toss with a little lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Divide quinoa between four bowls.
- Divide and evenly distribute grilled vegetables cucumber salad olives and chicken.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve with fresh dill garnish.
- Serve with pita bites or pieces of sliced pita bread
This article and recipe adapted from this site