Super Easy Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup extra for rolling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° and have ready a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Also have ready a small bowl with about a 1/4 cup of sugar for coating the cookie dough balls.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together flour baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter light brown sugar granulated sugar peanut butter egg and vanilla. With a handheld mixer on medium-high speed mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in the granulated sugar and transfer to the baking sheet spacing them 1 1/2 -2 apart.
- Make crosshatch lines across the tops of the cookies using the tines of a fork and bake for 12-14 minutes just until the edges are a deeper brown. Serve and enjoy.
This article and recipe adapted from this site