Super Delicious Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup grated zucchini excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat combine oil chocolate chips and cocoa whisking or stirring occasionally until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined. Stir in the zucchini. Fold in the flour baking soda and salt until batter is well-combined but don t over mix.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs.
- While the brownies bake melt together the butter cocoa chocolate chips and milk in a small or medium saucepan over medium low or low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar until combined and smooth.
- When the brownies come out of the oven pour the frosting on and spread it evenly over the top. Cool for 5-10 minutes then lift foil to remove brownies from pan cut into pieces and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site