Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for the pan
- 4 medium poblano peppers (1 lb. total weight w/ refuse 12 oz. cleaned)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes diced (10 oz.)
- 1/2 medium onion diced (4 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (not fine salt)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast shredded (10 oz.)
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella shredded (4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cheddar shredded (2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and brush it with a little olive oil.
- Rinse and dry the poblanos. Cut a thin slice off the tops and remove the core and seeds. Cut a slit down the side of each pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes onion garlic oregano cumin and salt. Cook stirring often until liquids have evaporated about 7 minutes. Off heat stir in the chicken the mozzarella and the cilantro mixing well.
- Divide the filling among the peppers adding it from the top and pressing on it to fill the entire pepper. Place the stuffed peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the poblanos are soft and charred in places 20-30 minutes (the smell will be amazing!).
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and switch the oven to broil. Top the peppers with the cheddar cheese and broil just until the cheese is melted about 2 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here