Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 228 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar (164 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups (306 grams) all purpose flour (use the fluff/scoop/level method for measuring)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (127 grams) diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (112 grams unsifted weight) powdered sugar sifted
- 1 Tbsp strawberry puree (you ll need about 2 large strawberries instructions below)
- lemon juice about 1 Tbsp or just enough to thin the glaze to a spreadable consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper with long edges. This will help you lift out the blondies for easy glazing and slicing later.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- When the egg is full incorporated beat in the lemon juice. The lemon juice will probably not completely incorporate at this point that s ok.
- Whisk together the flour baking powder and salt and add to the wet ingredients mixing until no more dry flour is present.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries. Spread the mixture into your pan and spread out as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes just until starting to turn golden around the edges and the center is set. A toothpick inserted in the center will be moist but not wet. Don t over-bake these or they will dry out. Let cool on a rack.
- Trim the strawberries for the glaze and puree in a small food processor. Strain the puree through a small strainer to get 1 Tbsp of puree. Whisk together the sugar puree and lemon juice until no lumps remain. If your glaze is too thin add a touch more sugar. If it s too thick add more lemon juice.
- Spread the glaze over the cooled blondies. Let the glaze set before slicing.
This article and recipe adapted from this site