Strawberry Jello Angel Cake Dessert
- 1 ring Angel Food Cake store-bought
- 1 6 oz. pkg. Strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 regular container frozen whipped topping like Cool Whip thawed in fridge
- 16 oz. container frozen strawberries in sugar the kind that also have juice not whole frozen berries
- Set out frozen strawberries to thaw while working on the rest of the recipe.
- Boil water.
- Break 1/2 of the angel food cake in to chunks and put in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Mix powdered Jello in a bowl with 2 cups boiling water.
- Add strawberries immediately and stir.
- You may need to use your hands to break up chunks of frozen strawberries.
- Stir in spoonfuls of Cool Whip until well mixed.
- Spoon 1/2 mixture over angel food cake in dish.
- Repeat layers and set in refrigerator for several hours.
- Cut in to squares and serve immediately. (Your squares won t be perfect. The gelatin is not firm.)
This article and recipe adapted from this site