Stay Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks 227 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (160 grams) brown sugar light or dark tightly packed
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (270 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Using a stand or hand mixer or by hand with a rubber spatula cream the butter brown sugar and white sugar together until well-blended. Beat in the instant pudding mix followed by the eggs and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat until mixture is mostly even.
- Sprinkle the flour and baking soda over the dough then mix just until they are incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are lightly golden. Allow cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheets then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for at least 3-4 days.
- These cookies freeze extremely well as dough balls for future baking. Just shape into balls place on a baking sheet with a little space in between them and pop into the freezer for about 30 minutes. That will flash freeze the dough balls after which you can pile them together in a freezer-safe bag or container without them sticking together. Bake straight from the freezer as needed. Just add 1-2 minutes to the baking time!
- Adapted from this classic on allrecipes.com.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here