Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced small
- 2 large carrots diced small
- 2 large celery stalks diced small
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 cups good low-sodium vegetable stock
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 9 ounces tortellini
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated parmesan or pecorino for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion carrots celery and salt and stir to coat with oil. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally until beginning to soften. If you happen to get distracted and the veggies brown a little bit it ll add some nice depth of flavor.
- Stir in stock bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to simmer until veggies are tender. Remove lid and add spinach and tortellini. Cook according to tortellini package instructions (usually just simmering for a couple of minutes). Off the heat stir in parsley and black pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with cheese to pass at the table.
This article and recipe adapted from this site