Spicy Chicken Lazone Pasta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning (or Cajun seasoning)
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 4 tbsp butter
Remaining seasoning mixture
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8 oz. linguine
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Pasta water (reserve it)
- In a small bowl combine salt Creole seasoning paprika powder onion powder garlic powder and flour. Dredge the chicken in the seasoning mixture and shake off excess. Reserve any leftover spice/flour mix for the sauce.
- Preheat large saute pan add olive oil and melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done about 8 minutes (3-4 minutes per each side). Remove from the pan.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter to the empty skillet and add remaining seasoning mixture into the butter until cook it until flour is no longer raw. Add more paprika and heavy cream into the skillet. Bring to a boiling point.
- Lower heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Boil pasta in salty water drain but do not rinse. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. If you think the sauce needs thinning add reserved pasta water to the sauce. Add it slow – as much as you would like to have according to your liking.
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce and stir until fully coated. Add chicken into the skillet with pasta to reheat.
- Serve with sauce spooned over chicken and pasta and sprinkled with chopped parsley.
This article and recipe adapted from this site