Spanish Style One Pot Chicken Orzo
- 4-6 Chicken Thighs (bone in skin on)
- 2 tbsp each: Olive Oil Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1.5 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp each: Garlic Powder Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
One Pot Ingredients
- 2 cups Orzo
- 3-4cups / 750ml-1litre Chicken Stock or as needed
- 5.3oz / 150g Chorizo diced
- 3/4cup / 75g Sun Dried Tomatoes finely diced
- 1 medium White Onion finely diced
- 1/2 medium Red Pepper finely diced
- 1/2cup / 40g Olives diced
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree (Tomate Paste in US)
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp each: Smoked Paprika Oregano
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley to serve
- In a small bowl mix together your marinade then combine in a larger bowl with your chicken. Cover and marinate for up as long as you have time for (up to 12hours).
- Fry chicken thighs skin side down over medium-high heat until crispy then flip turn down to medium heat and fry until white through the centre. Remove from pan and pour out excess fat leaving around 1 tsp.
- Add your onion & pepper and fry until soft. Add your chorizo & garlic and fry for a couple of minutes longer then add your sun dried tomatoes and olives.
- Fry off your tomato puree for a few mins then stir in your orzo until completely coated. Gradually start pouring in your stock stirring so the orzo doesn’t catch to the pan. Use more/less stock depending on consistency preference (see notes). Season with smoked paprika oregano and salt & pepper when almost cooked.
- Add chicken thighs back on top to heat through and garnish with fresh parsley.
This article and recipe adapted from this site