Southern Banana Pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 Tbs butter
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large bananas sliced
- 1 container whipped topping or homemade
- 1 large box vanilla wafers reserve 1/2 cup crushed wafers for topping
- In sauce pan mix together your milk sugar cornstarch salt egg and egg yolk.
- Heat on medium whisking almost continuously until bubbly and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in your butter and vanilla until butter is melted.
- Cover with Saran Wrap pressing the wrap onto top of pudding to prevent film from forming and place in refrigerator and let cool to room temp.
- Once cooled in a 9 x13 baking dish layer 1/2 box of vanilla wafers and then layer with 1 1/2 of your bananas.
- Spoon 1/2 of your pudding mixture over the top then continue layers one more time. Finish your layers with sliced bananas then top with whipped topping and crushed vanilla wafers.
- Place in fridge at least 2-3 hours before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site