Soft And Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
US CUSTOMARY – METRICInstructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add the egg and beat on medium-high speed until incorporated.
- Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula then add the flour cornstarch baking soda and salt.
- Stir together until incorporated.
- Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets allowing two inches in between for spreading.
- Flatten the balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake the cookies (one sheet at a time) in the center rack of the oven for 8 to 12 minutes or until the edges are set and just barely beginning to turn golden. (Take care not to over-bake or the cookies will not be as soft.)
- Cool on the baking sheet and transfer to an airtight container for storage.
This article adapted from this site