Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 15 oz corn 1 can drained (see note)
- 15 oz black beans 1 can drained and rinsed
- 15 oz diced tomatoes 1 can NOT drained
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 small jalapeno minced (or substitute 1 4-oz can of diced green chilies)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder see note
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded see note
- In a large slow cooker combine corn beans tomatoes onion and jalapeno.
- Nestle chicken breasts into the vegetables and add bullion cube.
- Mix seasonings together (see note) and sprinkle over the top of everything in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- If possible turn chicken breasts and give everything a light mix halfway through cooking.
- After the cooking time is up top chicken breasts with cheese and cover for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish as desired and serve over rice over lettuce as a salad or any other way else you choose!
This article and recipe adapted from this site