Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless skinless About 4 pieces cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cashews
- Combine cornstarch and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce vinegar ketchup sweet chili sauce sugar garlic ginger pepper flakes and cashews in small bowl; pour over chicken. (I like my cashews to be softer so I add them during the cooking process if you want more of a crunch add them right before serving)
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here