Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced horizontally to create 4 fillets (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers thinly sliced (any mix of colors)
- 8-12 flour tortillas
Chicken Fajita Marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tsp EACH garlic pwdr onion pwdr salt
- 1/2 tsp EACH smoked paprika chipotle chili pwdr dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
Chipotle Lime Crema (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro finely chopped
- Guacamole/chopped avocados
- Recipe Avocado Crema (my FAV!)
- Chopped tomatoes
- black beans
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas – these are the BEST chicken fajitas! the marinade is seriously the best I ve ever tried – better than any restaurant! My family LOVES these this filling so much we also use it for filling in burritos enchiladas and salads!
- MARINADE: In a large freezer bag whisk together all of the Chicken Fajita Marinade ingredients. Remove 2 tablespoons to use later for vegetables. Add chicken to freezer bag and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator 6 hours up to overnight (longer the better).
- CHIPOTLE LIME CREMA (optional): Whisk together all of the ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
- CHICKEN: When ready to cook let chicken sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot dab excess marinade off chicken and add to skillet. Cook chicken undisturbed for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 2-4 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing across the grain into strips.
- VEGETABLES: Meanwhile Add 1 tablespoon oil to the leftover juices in the skillet along with reserved 2 tablespoons marinade. Heat over medium high heat. Add onions and saute 1 minute. Add bell peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sliced chicken and toss to coat.
- ASSEMBLE: Layer tortillas with Chicken Fajita mixture and desired toppings. Top with Chipotle Lime Crema.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here