Salted Honeycrisp Fritters
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- ? cup milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups peeled and chopped apples
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Heat a few inches of oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. You want the oil to reach about 350 degrees Line a plate with paper towels.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour sugar baking powder salt cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl whisk together the milk eggs butter and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Stir the chopped apples into the batter.
- Once the oil is hot drop ¼ cups of batter into the oil only doing 1 or 2 at a time and fry until golden on both sides about 3 to 4 minutes. Be sure to flip the fritter once or twice. Remove the fritters with a slotted spoon and place them on the paper towel to drain excess grease. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Once the fritters are all finished and slightly cool dip them in the glaze. Place them on a sheet of parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with flaked salt. Serve!
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here