Roast Herb Chicken
- 1 whole cornfed free range chicken
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams sage rosemary thyme finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled
- 1 onion halved
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the whole chicken on a roasting tray place your fingers into the neck to separate the skin and the breast meat. Insert slices of butter and a quart of the chopped herbs and tuck firmly down.
- Place carrot onion and lemon inside the cavity of the chicken leaving 2 slices of lemon to tuck inside the chicken thighs.
- Rub the skin of the chicken with herbs salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked though.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE