Pumpkin Cream Cheese Streusel Muffins
IngredientsCream Cheese Filling
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups pure pumpkin (from a 28 oz can)
- 1 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter cubed small
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two muffin tins with paper liners.
- Make the cream cheese filling. Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended in a small bowl. Put it in the freezer to chill while you prepare the muffins.
- Make the pumpkin muffins. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour cinnamon nutmeg cloves pumpkin pie spice salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with handheld beater or the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the eggs sugar pumpkin and oil until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full of pumpkin muffin batter. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture. Fill the remaining of the muffin cup with more pumpkin batter. It should be almost to the top. Make sure that the muffin batter on top covers the cream cheese center.
- Make the cinnamon streusel. Combine the sugar flour cinnamon and cold cubed butter in a small bowl. Use your hands or a pastry cutter to mix together until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle some on top of each muffin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the muffins have formed a nice peak and spring back when touched lightly. Remove and let cool before serving or eat one warm.
This article and recipe adapted from this site