Pineapple Pretzel Fluff
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl stir together pretzel pieces butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan. Press down gently on it and spread it out some. It does not need to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl use a hand-held mixer to beat cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in Pineapple and Cool Whip. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving crumble the pretzel mixture and mix into pineapple mixture. I like to reserve some of it to sprinkle on top.
NotesTo drain the pineapple I like to place it in a fine-meshed sieve set over a bowl. Let it sit there a good 5 to 10 minutes so that all the excess liquid drains off.Can be made 24 hours in advance. Keep pretzel mixture in a ziptop bag and mix in just before serving.I use pineapple packed in pineapple juice NOT the kind in heavy syrup.This article and recipe adapted from this site