Perfect Pastry Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup + ? cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large sauce pan stir together milk and ¼ cup sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together egg egg yolks cornstarch and ? cup sugar.
- Once the milk has reached a simmer work quickly and carefully pour half of the hot milk in a steady stream into the egg mixture whisking constantly to avoid curdling or cooking the eggs. Immediately pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan whisking constantly. Return to a medium heat and whisk constantly until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat once thickened and stir in butter and vanilla until melted. Pour into a clean mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap letting the plastic wrap touch the top of the pastry cream to avoid the creation of any film on top.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before using.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here