Pecan Pie Coffee Cake
INGREDIENTSFOR THE CAKE:
- 1 & 1/4 cups (150g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 ounces (56g) cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (177ml) buttermilk
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup (104g) light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (50g) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (40g) finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- pinch of salt
INSTRUCTIONSTO MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together the flour baking powder baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat the sugar butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg white one at a time mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in 3 portions alternating with 2 portions of buttermilk. Mix just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set the pan on wire rack.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Place the corn syrup brown sugar and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir until the butter melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the pecans egg and salt.
- Use a wooden skewer* to poke multiple holes in the top of the cake.
- Pour the topping over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here