Peaches And Cream Cake
- 2/3 cup white sugar (scant 2/3 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 Tbsp whole milk at room temperature
- 6-7 fresh peaches
US Customary – MetricInstructions
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch springform pan (if you don t have a springform use a regular round 8 or 9-inch cake pan but note that you will not be able to remove in one piece from this type of pan). If you d like to later remove the cake from the base be sure to line the bottom with a round of parchment paper. Sprinkle the inside of the greased pan with a bit of brown sugar. Wrap the outside of the springform pan in a piece of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 355° F.
- Peel peaches and cut flesh off sides then cut in to chunks (don t have to be too small). Set aside.
- Melt the butter and let it cool. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the meantime whisk the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the vanilla and (coolemelted butter until combined. Add the milk and then the flour sifted with baking powder. Gently fold peaches into the batter.
- Pour in to the prepared pan. (*You ll know you have enough peaches if they poke above the batter when you pour it in the pan. If not maybe add another). If you like you can sprinkle the top with white sugar before baking for a sweet top crust. Bake in preheated 355° oven for 50-55 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely in the pan. Once cooled refrigerate in the pan if you are making ahead. To eat right away run a knife around the outside and remove the outer ring. Slice and serve cool at room temperature or slightly re-warmed garnished with a dusting of icing sugar or
- dress it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
This article and recipe adapted from this site