Pan Seared Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lb chicken breasts (thin 4 pieces)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- First paper towel dry the chicken and then prepare two bowls. One is for the egg salt pepper garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Next you should whisk the egg mixture slightly.
- The second bowl is for the parmesan bread crumbs and flour.
- Now it’s time to dredge each chicken breast piece in egg/seasoning mixture. After that place in parmesan mixture and press. Turn to coat the other side of the chicken with parmesan mixture and press again.
- Repeat with remaining chicken pieces and place each coated parmesan chicken onto a plate or a cutting board.
- MELT butter and ADD olive oil on medium high heat in a skillet (stainless steel cast iron skillet or non-stick).
- PLACE COATED CHICKEN in skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes one one side. DO NOT MOVE chicken otherwise the cheese will slide off surface before it adheres! Press down lightly with a spatula.
- TURN WITH TONGS when the first side is golden brown and cook the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not cook for more than a total of 6-8 minutes – just set the timer and flip when it beeps.
- CHECK FOR DONENESS to make sure the chicken is fully cooked and not pink. If not lower the heat and cook for a couple more minutes.
- SERVE immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site