Omg Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies! Pure Nirvana!
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour + a few extra tablespoons see ** in directions below–I used 2 extra tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or sea salt
- 3 cups chocolate chips ( any variation of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a few trays with baking paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a metal bowl place the butter inside the bowl and place in the preheating oven.
- Leave it just for a few minutes until the butter starts to melt around the outside (approx 1/2 of the butter melted). Take out of oven to cool.
- Once the butter has cooled add both sugars and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs beating between each addition just until mixed.
- Add the flour baking soda and salt or sea salt and beat on a low speed just until combined. If you find that the dough is wet you probably need a little more flour.
- **If needed add more flour a tablespoon at a time until the dough starts coming together to start forming a ball and not sticking to the sides of the bowl as much.
- I added 2 extra tablespoons of flour to the 2 1/2 cups flour – if you use over 3 tablespoons it s too much.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Use an ice cream or cookie scoop (1/4 cup for large 1.5 tablespoons for medium) and drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets allowing room for spreading. Pat down cookies just a little and press additional chocolate chips on top of cookie dough if desired.
- Bake one tray of cookies at a time for 10-12 minutes for large 8-9 for small. Don t over-bake and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Makes 1 dozen large or 2 dozen small cookies.
- Store cookies in air-tight container.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here